*We may earn a commission for purchases made using our links. Please see our disclosure to learn more.
Whether you’re backpacking through the woods or camping on the beach, there’s something for every camper and outdoor enthusiast. We’ll give you the information about how to buy a tent and then show you our top picks for a 6 person camping tent.
Camping is an excellent pastime in the summer, but it’s even better when you don’t have to spend hours hunched over a portable campfire on a hot summer night. Tents are a better, more convenient way of camping without worrying about fuel consumption, fire safety, or your safety.
We could have been camping without a tent, which would be fun, but that’s not always the case. And tents are a vital piece of equipment for any camper. The right tent will make all the difference on a camping trip. Be it an outdoor family camping trip, an outdoor buddy trip, or just alone backpacking. Without a tent, you may find yourself unable to sleep, feeling unsafe in the outdoors, and vulnerable to all elements of nature.
Before buying a tent, you need to know what you want.
You may want a big and comfortable tent if you are a long-term camper. Find out the different types of materials. There are tents made from canvas, nylon, polyester, and even vinyl-like material. Make sure you know everything about the material before purchasing it.
If you plan to hike up a mountain or through a forest every night, you will need something lightweight but sturdy at the same time. If you are an average camper doing a little bit of everything, then you can settle for a tent that is a little heavier but has a lot more space inside to fit everything and everyone.
Always know the brand of the tent before you buy it. Many great brands sell tents and make them waterproof or free from harmful bacteria like mildew and mold. Some tents come in pairs as well, which means you can take one with you on a trip, leave one at home and switch them out whenever you have to go somewhere that requires a lot of travel.
– Durable, resilient, and dependable
– Compact for easy carrying and storage
– Weather-resistant materials – A variety of colors to help you pick the perfect one for your outdoorsy personality.
Space: The room created by the tent is available around the entire floor area, making it perfect for those who love to sleep with a few friends or family members. The ventilation is also excellent for those who dread being out in the cold with no roof over their heads.
Material Quality: The tent is made from durable and resilient materials designed to last years on the hard dirt, grass, and even sand. Compare the combination of space, features, and material quality when looking for a tent that will fit your needs best.
Take Away: There’s no doubt that tents are perfect for those who love to camp and sleep outside with their friends. Whether you’re backpacking in the woods or lounging in your backyard with your crew, you’ll want to pick one up for your next outdoor adventure.
There are many types of tents available in the market.
• Folky tent – it is the basic camping tent for everyone. The materials are simple and easy to carry around. It is a beach tent, tourer tent, backpacking tent, and so on.
• High-end tents can be used anywhere but are usually purchased by only the more premium campers. They cost more money and are often intended to be kept in one piece after use.
• Dome tents – The dome tent is an excellent middle ground between comfort and cost. The shape allows for more space, but not too much to increase the weight or footprint of your camping trip. It is a tent made of polyester and polyurethane materials. It is very easy to set up and take down. They are available in many space combinations, features, material quality, and designs.
• Cabin Tents – this type of tent focuses on maximizing comfort without sacrificing overall quality.
• Backpacking tents are the smallest available but the heaviest and most compact.
• Family camping tents – this all-inclusive tent provides comfort without sacrificing configuration.
• Pop-up Tents – these tents help get your camp set up quickly.
• Canvas Tents – these are sometimes used in “glamping” scenarios.
Sports tents give the best protection against the sun’s bright rays; they keep off the sun’s UV rays so that you won’t be affected while sleeping or taking a rest inside or even in your outdoor adventures like camping, hiking, or rafting. Sports tents are used by those who camp primarily for recreational purposes. Sports tents are made of sturdy and durable materials and are more suitable for “roughing it out” in the wilderness.
There are two major types of sports tents, mesh and solid.
1. Mesh tent
It is a tent that has many openings or mesh net. Choose this kind of tent to spend nights under the open sky. It is very small, easy to carry, and even easier to pitch when you get to your camping spot.
The advantage of a mesh tent is that it allows air to flow freely inside the tent, so you will not feel suffocated inside the area with too much heat or humidity.
• Solid tents
These tents are usually more durable as they create a sealed environment inside the tent so that you will be comfortable and warm even in cold weather. It also helps protect you from rain, wind, and insects. These are the best tents for cooler weather camping.
The shape of a solid tent is heavy, sturdy, and waterproof.
2. Backpacking tents
Backpacking options are very lightweight and easy to carry around. It is small but can fit two or three people inside the tent, making it good for hikers or other outdoor enthusiasts.
Now that you know more about tents, here are several options for the best tents that will work for six or more people.
The North Face Wawona 6 Six-Person Camping Tent
Nemo Wagontop Group Camping Tent
Kelty Discovery Element Camping Tent, 4 or 6 Person Storm Worthy Campsite Shelter, Fiberglass Poles, Pre-Attached Guylines, Stuff Sack Included
MSR 37071 Habitude 6 Tent, for 6 People, for Camping, Mountain Climbing, Camping, Tan
TETON Sports Mesa Canvas Tent; Waterproof, Family Tent; The Right Shelter for Your Base Camp
Gazelle T4 Plus Extra Large 4 to 8 Person Portable Pop Up Outdoor Shelter Camping Hub Tent with Extended Screened in Sun Room, Orange
Bushnell Shield Series 6 Person / 9 Person / 12 Person Instant Cabin Tent